Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Post-soap opera appearance sharing (1 of 2): Random library patron.

So, after being on that major network soap opera, I told absolutely everyone how I was on camera with a major star, once I found out that I actually had been on camera with her.

The next morning, I had to re-shelve a lot of books, and was deep in the bowels of the library.

If a patron walked past - and patrons are rare in that section of the library - I'd say hello, then ask them if I could share some good news.

Like the 2nd or 3rd patron was this (late 20s/early 30s) (African-American) woman, and when I was like, "Can I share some good news?", she was like, "Of course, I'm always happy to hear good news!", and then I was like, "I was on [name of the soap opera] yesterday."

"Get out," she was like.

She then asked me what scene, and she knew exactly which scene it was, since she had watched the episode the previous night.

Then, she was like, "I want a picture with you," and she took out her camera and took a picture with me, even though I was a bit cracked out from staying out late after my viewing party, and my shirt was filthy from bookdust from these old flaking leather volumes I had been pulling all day.

Because there wasn't any internet reception down that far, she took down the name of one of my social media accounts, so she could check out the still when she got back above ground.

I encouraged her to be an extra, too, next season.

No comments: