Thursday, April 28, 2016

Post-soap opera appearance sharing (2 of 2): Library coworker.

One of my library coworkers is a (female) (Syrian heritage) student doing a masters in education, and she likes the soap opera I was in a lot, and was intrigued by the idea of extra-ing.

"Do it!", I was like, but she was all like, "But would they take someone in a veil?".

"Of course!", I was like, "It totally depends on the scene," and I then mentioned a cafe or a hospital scene that I had seen advertised where she would fit the casting call and could apply to be an upscale cafe patron, a patient or family member at a hospital, etc.

"And I bet there's not many extras in veils, so you would totally have an in if you had that in your photo," I was like.

"That's true," she was like.  "Not many people who wear them would want to be an extra, I think."

She was def. intrigued, and she also said that at the hospital where her dad works, sometimes they close down an entire floor to film a hospital show there sometimes.

Isn't America great?

No comments: