Saturday, March 12, 2016

So tired, between my 2 of 3 workplaces.

Since the bar job fell away, I'm down to my library job and teaching at the art school and my home university.

Both of those teaching jobs just tire me out.

I actually think that at the art school, all 3 people who hired me in have committed legal violations, and 2 Faculty Senate members cover up for them, as well as 1 dean.

That's just an awful work environment, and I'm on the short end of the stick.

At my own university, it's been a policy of increasing wage suppression for years, where 1-time raises years apart with no COLA increases are eroded through skyrocketing student life fees.

I just want out of these environments already.  I'm pretty done with academia, though I'll probably apply to post-docs once I can move forward enough with my dissertation.

Sigh.

No comments: