Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Dream of a Postal Booth.

The other week I dreamt:

I was out on a snowy day, and stopped by a rough-hewn board kiosk painted a pea green.

A (middle-aged) (white) woman bundled against the cold and sitting on a tall stool inside took my letter to mail, and I walked away like ten feet, and then turned back because I remembered that I had forgotten to buy a book of stamps.

As I get there, she is outside by the side of the booth, since she just got off shift, and the man inside who just replaced her can't sell me a book of stamps.

Then...  I wake up!

. . .

(The other week I thought I needed a book of stamps and was going to go to the post office to get some, but then some turned up in my office supplies...  I had also recently made pea soup and had been thinking about the color of it, and the weather right now in the city is similar to that of the dream...  Also, the kiosk very glancingly resembles a newspaper kiosk in my neighborhood, but more so others I saw in other countries during travels.)

No comments: