Saturday, January 30, 2016

So odd! - Bar job scheduling.

For 2 weeks in a row, I didn't get scheduled at my bar job, so so far I've only worked Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

I wonder what's up with that.

I had emailed the scheduler to make sure that she blocked off M - T - W b/c of my other jobs, but otherwise I was open and was hoping for 1-2 shifts a week.

The 1st week someone else had that happen too, but the 2nd week it was just me.

I wonder if it was a fluke, or if everyone else is begging for hours and I sound like I just want a few shifts, so she put me to the bottom of the pile (which I don't mind).

I've decided not to care about this.

B/c that library job came through, I'm not desperate for the money, though it'd be nice to have a few shifts a week by the time June or July roles around.

Even if I never get any for whatever reason, that's fine too, I've now updated my service resume and am trained on current software and have both of the necessary state certifications, for food-handling and serving alcohol.

Then, I can just apply for other service jobs if I need them, and if they ask why I wasn't there for too long, I can say that they are overstaffed and I couldn't get shifts consistently.

No comments: