Sunday, July 12, 2015

I wonder... Adult male with children.

I do wonder about interactions as an adult male with unknown children.

On the one hand, my going to get the ball was neighborliness, and was perceived as such.

On the other hand, that same action could be perceived as a weird pretense for an adult male to interact with unknown children for malevolent purposes, though it wasn't and wasn't perceived as such, though I'm aware it could be.

That's kind of sad in a way, but it's a realistic interpretation of male action, given how much male violence is perpetrated against the vulnerable in our society.

Part of it, too, is being single.  If I had been there with a partner and children of my own, actions would not be as open to misinterpretation.

For some reason, I think of stuff like this when I interact with children - for example, if a toddler begins interacting with me on public transportation and I interact back and go on to chat with the parent.

I wonder where my awareness of this stuff comes from.

No comments: