Saturday, July 11, 2015

Beachly neighborliness.

The other week at the beach, I was sunbathing and just about to hop in the water, when 2 small kids who were playing with a ball let it get out of their control and it bounced down the rocks and into the lake.

They looked at it a while, and then went back to the group of adults grilling, where they had come from.

The ball began drifting out a bit, so I decided I might as well go in then and get it before it floated out any further, and as I was standing in the water up to my ankles ready to jump in, the kids come back with this adult guy.

"Thank you!", he was like, when he saw what I was doing.

Then, he was like, "Do you know how to swim?".

After I got the ball to him, he said to come over and help myself to whatever food I wanted, if I wanted.

I think I had spoken to him and his wife the past year during the World Cup, and they're Brazilian.

Brazil had played that day and I hadn't heard the outcome of the game, and they were wearing jerseys and so I asked them about it.

No comments: