Thursday, February 26, 2015

2 (older) (black) women at a bar liked Katy Perry.

The day before the Super Bowl, I was out hitting up some bars in a (black) neighborhood southwest of me.

At the 4th and last, it was slow, and of the people there, like 4 were staffers and 1 was a regular.

Of them, the (late 30s) (black) (female) manager was a seat down from me doing inventory on her laptop, and the (older) (black) (female) bartender was doing re-stocks at the bar, hoping for a crowd that night, though assuming that people were holding off going out since they'd be going out the next night for the Super Bowl.

Somehow - perhaps from them asking me if I was going to be watching the Super Bowl? - me and them got to talking about Katy Perry, and straight away when I mentioned her name to them, both of them were like, "I love her."

The bartender said she just liked her and thought she was pretty, and the manager said she liked the message of her songs, and had her teenager download "Roar" for her after she heard it.

Interestingly, she didn't know of the existence of the song "Firework", and so before I left, I gave her a dollar and told her to go give herself a treat on me and have her teenager download it for her from iTunes.

She also said she just somehow knew that Katy Perry was going to open the halftime show with "Roar" - which turned out to be true! -and I said that I knew that she'd close with "Firework", which also turned out to be true, though that's a pretty obvious choice since it goes well with fireworks and a big close.

When I left, the one (very old) (male) regular was outside, doing something with a shovel since he also seemed to work for the bar.

"You have a good night!", he was like, "And be careful, there's a lot of assholes in this neighborhood."

No comments: