Thursday, January 1, 2015

Odd parallels between me and my father.

During a bout of correcting, I took a break to have a late lunch and phone my parents while I prepared it.

My dad was asking what I was doing, so I told him that I was grading a lot, with a break to just trim my nails and shave up since I had kind of let myself go for a few days because of my workload.

"Good for you," my dad was like.  "It's important to clean up like that when you're feeling frazzled, I know I do that.  I had a nail day today."

I thought that that was really interesting, that both me and my dad feel a compulsion to stop everything and just neaten up in order to get a handle on a heavy workload.

Also, that doing our nails take time (I know I carefully push back and trim my cuticles, in addition to cutting my nails so they look nice).

No comments: