Monday, November 3, 2014

Shocking bar revelation: Observation of employees.

My latest bar discovery?

Upscale restaurants and hotel bars downtown not only have elaborate camera systems throughout, but use them to monitor employees - INCLUDING FOR DEFERENCE TO RICH CUSTOMERS.

After I got a drink one night at the bar of a newly opened steakhouse, I went to go take a piss and had to go up this ramp by the side of the restaurant, and as I started up, a uniformed (younger) (white) (male) waiter started to come down the other side, then saw me, backed up, stood aside, and made a beckoning notion for me to proceed.

"No no no," I was like.  "You go."

"No, please," he was like.

"No," I was like.  "You have know idea how much I hate hierarchy.  It makes me vomit in my mouth to do that to you."

"I understand, sir," he was like, "But no, I insist, you're a customer."

"If I'm the customer," I was like, "Then tell your manager that you came down the ramp because the customer insisted that would make him happy."

"You have no idea how much I appreciate that," the guy was like, "But cameras don't catch words, and I'd get in trouble."

He then told me about the camera system...

No comments: