Sunday, September 21, 2014

Roomate suspects bedbugs.

A few weeks ago, my roommate came in to the dining room and was like, “Um, I have something I want to talk to you about,” and immediately I started thinking that I had been doing something small and unnoticeable to me but that had nevertheless been driving her unrelentingly crazy and had been building up for months and months and months.
Then, she was like, “I think we may have bedbugs,” and she told me about how several nights earlier she had woken up with a small row of bites on her arm.
It turns out that I had had the same thing happen a few months earlier, one night when I was reading in bed, and all of a sudden this row of bites appeared on my arm and eventually swelled together in one big welt.
So, I told her that since that had happened so much earlier and never repeated and the bites sounded like they were the same kind, maybe it wasn’t bedbugs after all, but instead spiders or something, which would be better.
“I’m really not sure what kind of infestation I prefer,” she was like.
. . .

Eventually, one night when we were both hanging out at the apartment of my one hippie friend from Michigan, we looked online, and the bites looked like flea bites, I thought.

No comments: