Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Addendum.

Before the reception, I pre-gamed at a country bar half a neighborhood over from the gaystrip, and as I was leaving and walking past these 2 (white) dudes and a (dark-haired) (white) sorority-looking girl at a table, one of the muscled-up dudes with his muscled-up arms in short sleeves swings around in his chair, pretends like he has a bow-and-arrow, and shoots an arrow directly into my heart.
“Katniss,” he was like.
“What?”, I was like.
“Katniss,” he was like.  “Katniss Everdeen.”
“Oh,” I was like, non-plussed.
Then, I was like, “Wait, what do you call those other people she faced?”, and the people at the table looked confused.
“You know, like the other gladiators?  There’s a special word for them.”
At that, the dark-haired girl was sucking her drink on a straw and looked at me and just shrugged.
“Tributes!”, I was like, and everyone at the table said something to the effect of “Oh, that’s right.”
“Yeah,” I was like, then, I threw an attitude and stood up to the guy.  “So who the fuck do you think I am, a Tribute?”, and at that they all laughed.
“Perfect comeback, five minutes late,” I was like, and then I walked out.

I really have no idea what the fuck that was all about.

No comments: