Friday, September 12, 2014

Kids (1 of 2): Things they say (3 of 3).

The youngest of the 3 kids, a daughter, was wearing this absolutely unbelievable crown of flowers – goldenrods and Queen Anne’s lace woven together so points stuck out at both brows – and I couldn’t figure out where she got it till I remembered that her mom my friend’s a hairdresser and I realized that she must have braided it out of flowers that she had picked.

As we were walking up trail, me and the middle son and the youngest daughter and the granddad behind us all, this giant bug (size of a cigar butt!) buzzed around and landed on my shoulder, and I could feel its clawed feet through my t-shirt, and I jumped and yelled a bit and the bug flew off and onto the middle son, who began yelling “Get that bug off me, get that bug off me!”, and the next thing we know, the bug is going towards the youngest daughter and she starts booking fullspeed up trail ahead of us and is waving her arms and shouting, “The bug is chasing me, the bug is chasing me, I’m wearing flowers, I’m wearing flowers!”.

No comments: