Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Kids (1 of 2): Things they say (1 of 3).

Over Labor Day I hung out with this one family whose kids I went to high school with, and we all went on a long walk through the national forest near their house, both me and my friends’ parents and my friends and my friends’ kids, and their kids said some *funny* things.

As we were walking towards this one bridge, the oldest son (entering 5th grade) told me that his parents gave him a book for his birthday, and when I asked him what it was about, he said that he hadn’t read it yet, and his dad began telling me that it was the hottest new series out, and it was from the point-of-view of the villain, this billionaire evil genius kid who’s always trying to take over the world.

The oldest son: “It sounds kind of silly.”


The middle son (entering 3rd grade, who was walking behind us): “That sounds good!  I want to read it."

No comments: