Thursday, August 21, 2014

Situation defuser: My mom at a fish-fry.



My mom was telling me how the other week she and my dad went to a fish fry and there were all these people from downstate there, including this one woman who was just awful.

My mom had gotten a taco salad, and for some reason the taco salad was just huge, it came out of the kitchen that way.

At the very next table, though, this one woman was there with her two daughters, and her daughters had gotten a taco salad that had come out of the kitchen normal-sized and were splitting it between them.

So, the woman looks over at my mom’s taco salad and is like, “That taco salad is big,” and she said it with a lot of attitude like she’s going to take it up with the waitress.

“That’s because I paid extra,” my mom was like.

“Oh,” the woman said, and shut up.

No comments: