Saturday, August 23, 2014

British-isms: Popsicle.



The other weekend I was at the beach and the sister of my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend who’s now also my friend came to join me.

The previous day when I had been there, the (gigantic) (football player-shaped) (mid-20s) (black) (male) ice cream vendor was out of change, and so we had agreed that he’d owe me 50 cents the next time he saw me.

So, that day when I heard the bells on his cart, I got up and went to meet him and ended up buying an ice cream sandwich, and when I got back to where my towel was, my friend popped up and was like, “I think I’ll get something too”, and she ran over to the cart while I took my turn watching our stuff.

She then came back with a red, white, and blue popsicle.

“It’s been ages since I had an ice lolly,” she was like.

No comments: