Sunday, April 27, 2014

Great idea: Latin reading group.

As soon as I finish my Ph.D., I’m going to try to gather a Latin sightreading group that meets once or twice a month, likely using a book that has vocab/grammar notes opposite the page of Latin, so as many people can join as possible.

I’d advertise among students and professors at local universities, and high school Latin teachers as well, and maybe I'll throw up a few random signs or put a few notices in local media.

I think such a reading group would be a *blast*, esp. since I have so much fun as it is tutoring my Latin and Greek students, and since there’s so many Latin texts that I look at or briefly read (tweets by Pope Francis, writings of Francis of Assisi) that would be easy and fun to read more at length.


It’s too bad that I won’t have any time for this until I graduate, I think it would be invigorating and rewarding.

No comments: