Thursday, April 10, 2014

Am Beginning a New List: Films seen on the Big Screen.



I’ve kept a list of books that I read for recreation since like 2006, and just the other day I was thinking of a film buff I know who keeps a list of every film that he sees on the big screen.

Then, as I was going through my list of books I read, I noticed that I had begun keeping a list of films seen on the big screen back in 2009, but had it had fallen off after like 5 or so films, including Lee Daniel’s Precious and Wes Anderson’s The Fantastic Mr. Fox, both seen in original release.

I decided to start that list up again, and when I went the other day to put in the first film I’d seen since that decision – Almodovar’s All About My Mother, which was showing at a filmhouse – I noticed that the very last film on my previous list had been Almodovar’s Broken Embraces, which I had seen in original release.

I now list film, director, date seen, and at which venue, and hope I keep it up, and am kind of regretful that I don't have such a list going back years.

No comments: