Saturday, March 1, 2014

Great night clubbing: Valentine’s Day decorations left up.



The other week I went to that one late-night club that I like, after some time at my one (half Sudanese) (half British) friend’s (half Sudanese) (half British) sister’s go-out-for-dinner b-day party, and after one drink at a Mexican restaurant that was shutting down, in order to kill a bit of time for the club to fill up.

When I walked in, my eyes were bowled over by 80s neon colors everywhere, glowing even more since they were bathed in black light: there was paper chains the kind like you’d see on an old-fashioned Christmas tree, and a ton of plush hearts suspended from the ceiling that were artfully bound in industrial twine, and even a black square covered in a woven pattern of industrial twine.

And, of 2 drag queens who walked in together, one had on a blonde wig that glowed an unearthly white.

Towards the end of the night, I was talking with a (mid-20s) (Mexican-American) guy who was born and grew up in the city, and he was telling me how neither him nor his friend who he came with have cell phones and they were talking to some girl at the last club after they went there after they got out of work, and now they were waiting around to see if she’d show up like she said she would.

Then – and I’m not sure how we transitioned topics, maybe it was from him pointing out his (Mexican-American) friend – we started talking about whether overall Mexicans tend to be hairy.

I have theories about that – the more Aztec-looking they are, the less they have – but I didn’t get a chance to offer that up, since the next thing I know the guy is telling me that he likes rimming and this one (Mexican) girl he dated had the most perfect round brown ass, and there was like this light black peachfuzz all over it that you could see when you went down on her, on that particular side.

He also was saying he likes to get rimmed, but you can’t depend on that too often.

At that point, he had mentioned a bit earlier that he had a girlfriend, and I mentioned that I hoped for his sake she did that.

“She does, but I kind of have to make her,” he was like, "because she's my girlfriend."

“Well,” I was like, “I hope at least for her sake that you shave your ass and wash up a bit, for her sake.”

“I try to clean up,” he was like, “But there’s only so much you can do.”

Then, he shrugged and was like, “Sex is dirty.”

For a brief moment it seemed like he was just explaining his inability to clean up by talking about the nature of the body parts involved, but suddenly a quiet self-satisfied smile flashed across his face and it seemed like I wasn’t there any more because the phrase or the idea got him off and took him to another place where he made a woman go down and root around in the matted shit-clumped hairs of his asshole, and from wherever he was, he kind of repeated himself again to himself, but just a little louder, “Sex is dirty.”

At some time during the night, too, he said he had recently come back to brown girls and their “sweet brown pussy”, and he was currently dating an Indian (-American? from India? Native American?).

(Now that I think of it, maybe it’s best if she was from India, since people who come from that part of the world are often accustomed to unsanitary conditions.)

And to think we had that conversation while surrounded by futuristic neon.  The broadly-built lesbian coatcheck girl even had a neon traffic jacket like road crews wear, but that was it, nothing under it, each side of the vest swinging over to cover a tit.

I complimented her on it, and she said she’d had it for a while.

That club really is like another world.  Often times I wake up the next day and wonder how I’m still on the same earth.

No comments: