Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Story from an Animator Colleague: His experience with ESP.

After the art school's holiday party back in Dec., I went out for a nightcap afterward with my one animator colleague, who's a pretty committed skeptic, and since we always talk about cults when we get together, we ended up getting into the subject of the supernatural.

"I did have one experience," he was like, after we had talked of the supernatural for a while, and he then began telling me about how years ago back when he was a bartender in New York there was this beautiful woman who was dating the other bartender and who would come in every once in a while and sit at the bar and drink till the guy she was dating would get off of work.

One night, she came in and was really drunk, and her boyfriend was pretty busy, so she started talking to my animator colleague, and all of a sudden out of nowhere she blurted out, "I have ESP."

"Sure you do," he was like.

At that, stone-cold serious, she was like, "Give me your hand," which he did, and then she sat there at the bar holding it with a serious look on her face and her eyes closed.

Then, her eyes flung open and she was like, "Your birthday is January 10th."

And, she was right.

Like right then, her boyfriend got freed up, and he interrupted them, and my animator colleague never got a chance to talk with her that night again before she left the bar.

Anyhow, weeks later, she came in again, and so my animator colleague struck up a conversation with her, and he gingerly broached the subject of her ESP.

"You remember how you were in here a few weeks back, and you guessed my birthday...?", he was like.

"Oh yeah," she was like.  "I've been doing that for years, it was the first time I ever got it right."

No comments: