Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Twin Peaks memories.



The other week I was drinking w/my one Asian-Canadian friend and we ran into some Romance Languages Dept. grad students who were out drinking beer on the dept. tab, and somehow me and him and one of them began talking about Twin Peaks, and I mentioned that that was out when I was in 5th grade, and though “Who killed Laura Palmer?” was everywhere, no-one my age knew what that was about, except one kid in my class whose parents let him watch it, oddly enough.

Since that guy is still my friend, I texted him if he remembered that, and the next day he replied –

For years I tried talking like the backward talking/walking midget.

- which I found surprising, so I texted him back if he was serious, and he replied –

Yes.  I thought it was neat.  Most kids didn’t know what I was talking about (or my impression was really awful).

. . .

No comments: