Monday, October 7, 2013

New apartment sight: Local business.



On the way back from touring my new apartment the first time, I walked to a subway stop near Chinatown, to time the distance on foot.

(I had arrived by bike to tour the apartment, and didn’t really know how long it’d take to walk to one of the two nearby subway stops.)

After a stretch of stores there’s a park and then some closed businesses and then a Chinese massage place near a highway overpass, and as I was walking up towards the massage place – still open at 9pm at night, with a neon ‘OPEN’ sign in the window but no other signs of activity – I see a car pull into the vacant lot across the street, and 2 young early 20s ethnic bro guys (Italian? some kind of middle eastern?) get out all wearing pastel polo shirts and plaid shorts, then walk across the street and into the massage place.

Too, they paused in front of the door and laughed (nervously?) before opening it and going in.

. . .

No comments: