Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Airport security.

The other week, I caught up with the (half Sudanese) (half British) sister of my one (half Sudanese) (half British) friend, and somehow at some point in the conversation she brought up how she gets dicked around with at airport security.

For one, because of her name, she's gotten pulled and made to stand in a waiting area full of menacing dark-complected men with full beards and little white caps.

For another, the staff always interrogate her, and are like, "So it says here that you're born in the Sudan, but you live in Britain.  Which are you?"

"I'm like, 'Where are you going with this?'", she was like.  "They're so black-and-white, it's always one or the other, it can never be both."

"Do you tell them that?", I was like.

"No, of course not," she was like, "I say that I'm a British citizen."

No comments: