Sunday, September 22, 2013

Trip Home (13 of 13): Wildlife.

When I was at my parents' house, I brought lots of Latin lessons to prep, since that was the most portable work I had, though the least pressing.

In any case, I'd go out on my parents deck and be shirtless and even out my tan line and have coffee and prep Latin, and just enjoy the view over the lake, and the wildlife, like this cute little black squirrel who's always around and has a very shortened tail - part of it must have gotten clipped off! - and the hummingbirds, which would come up to the couple flowerboxes on the deck and drink from all the flowers...

Once, when I was sitting there, I even saw a hummingbird fly from the flowerboxes to 3 clumps of almost-ripe tomatoes on 3 separate tomato plants in planters on the other side of the deck.

The hummingbird must have been attracted there by the color red!

No comments: