Monday, June 3, 2013

(White) woman in an ATM room.


Months ago it was a nice night and I was walking through downtown, and I saw a(n older) (white) woman in decent clothes and a designer purse slumped down with her head on her knees in an ATM room on the corner of an otherwise mostly empty street, since that part of downtown is pretty dead at night.

I passed by at first, then looked and thought it looked strange, so I stopped and gently tapped on the window.

She was asleep, and she roused and looked groggily at me.

“Are you okay?”, I said to her, speaking slowly and mouthing it so she could hear me through the glass, and she nodded.

“Are you sure you’re okay?”, I was like, and she nodded again, and went to put her head back on her knees.

So, I left and kept walking on my way.

I really have no idea what the fuck was up with that - maybe she was a homeless woman or druggie who had gotten some decent-looking clothes, or something?

No comments: