Sunday, January 27, 2013

Teaching at the art school! (3 of 3): More art installations!.

After a couple installations with penises, my one (light-skinned black) friend from Arkansas was like, "Hmmm, I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here."

Then, every once in a while, when I'd see some sort of protuberant piece of sculpture, I'd nudge her and point, until she'd look at it and start laughing.

We actually joked  that it was like those "guides for kids" they give out at museums where you're supposed to look for things, but ours was for adults.

While we were doing this, we go into this one cubicle that's like midway through the exhibition, and set up against a corner between 2 paintings is this baby carriage.

We look, and it's like a normal baby carriage, with a coat folded over on top of it (though the edges of the coat were a tad too close to the paintings), and some stuff like bottles and baby whatnot stuffed into the pockets.

Only, no-one was around.

"Is this part of the exhibition?", I was like.

So, we looked further, and on the one hand, it was an odd place for a baby carriage - no parents were around, and people could have left that at the coat check or behind the front desk, instead of midway through the exhibition - but, on the other hand, there was no little descriptive piece of paper on the wall saying it was part of the exhibition.

So, we looked at it further, and then this (mid-20s) (white) (female) art person strolls in, and begins to walk past us.

"Hey," I was like, in a friendly manner.  "Do you think this is part of the exhibition?"

She looked at the baby carriage inquisitively for like 15-20 seconds, then turns to us and is like, "I don't know."

After she strolls on and leaves and we're done looking at the baby carriage some more, my one friend was like, "You know, I don't think it is, it can't be."

"Why not?", I was like.

"Not enough penises."

No comments: