Saturday, December 22, 2012

Fun at the Art Museum.

The other week I had to go to some offices in the basement of the art museum for preliminary paperwork, because I'll be teaching a class at the associated art school in the spring.

The basement offices were no frills, full of dingy gray walls and no decoration and white lettering-on-black nameplates outside offices, but when I left and passed the packing room, there was all these big cardboard boxes sitting around, and some people putting gigantic paintings into them.

On a sidenote, I heard it's typical for instructors at the art school to swear a lot.  One former undergrad I talked to said this Scottish sculptor woman she had her first class ever with was like "Feckin' this!" and "Feckin' that!" on her very first day of class.

"I was like this," she said, making a gesture showing how wide open her eyes were.  "I was only eighteen and it was my first day of college!  But, I got used to it pretty soon."

No comments: