Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Another Bar Low.

I forgot -

On a long night of barhopping like 3-4 weekends ago, I stopped through this Polish bar out by the airport that looked like a chalet, and had a lot of union decals slapped to the inside of the front door.


As I was halfway done with my beer, the (younger) Polish guy next to me got up, leaving like a quarter of the beer left in his very large stein.

As I sat there drinking more and more, the waitress never cleared his glass, even though he had obviously left.

Just as I was about to grab it, the bartender, this younger, kind of stand-offish (Polish) woman sweeps up and picks up the stein and puts it in the crook of her arm as she goes to get some other glasses.

"Wait," I was like, "Can I finish that?"

She just stopped and stared at me, then was like, "Okay," and put the beer in front me.

It was some kind of lambic, and tasted like raspberries.

Ten minutes later, the young bartender woman was back, and was like, "Here, I start to pour new keg and it is no good," and she put a small, very foamy mug of beer in front of me.

I tasted the beer, and it was sour and awful, and I drank it.

No comments: