Sunday, September 2, 2012

Unpleasant beach bar.

The other Sunday I worked a full day on academic sh*t, and then had to go swing by a friend's to take of some stuff.

But, I set aside an hour to go to this lakefront bar with nice tables, to catch a beer and read and watch the city skyline at sunset.

I did that, only -

* despite there being 8-9 workers and only a couple tables, I waited 5-7min. for a beer, then went up and asked someone and she said she'd bring it right out to me, and then she did some other shit and it was another 5-7min. before I got my beer.

* despite the peaceful evening, they had these 2 small speakers with the music cranked up way too loud.

An older (in-shape) woman with dyed blonde hair sat down near me, and I told her to flag a waitress since she might have to wait a while.

She said she would, and she was trying the place out, since she had always seen it.

She finished her beer (a Corona) before me, and I asked her what she thought; she thought the place was pleasant and you couldn't beat the view, but that the music ruined everything.

"Maybe no one has complained," she was like.  "Or they assume the people who come here are too drunk to notice?".

No comments: