Monday, September 3, 2012

Pricey meal (1 of 2): Meal.

Since my one friend from Buffalo has gotten a fellowship to study abroad for a year, some people gathered for a $25 prix fixe menu at this one French bistro a few Tuesdays ago.

The meal actually turned out to be $27.50, and between that, my $4 beer, getting one glass of wine and thus having to chip in on the bottle, and paying for my departing friend's meal with everyone else, I ended up shelling out $52.

And, the meal wasn't even good -

- the pate was just bland and ho-hum.
- the duck and wild rice was okay, but nothing to write home about.
- the berries with cream was good, esp. the cream, but how hard is that?.

So many times I feel so disappointed by restaurants that are supposed to be nice.  I hate to be a downer, but they're not worth the money, I think, usually.

No comments: