Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Seedy hotel.

The other week on a night of barhopping, I was in this low-class white area near one of the big Polish areas in the city.

To get to this one bar that was inside a liquor store - in face, right through the dirty entranceway with filthy white linoleum and too bright lighting and automatic doors - I had to pass by this one hotel that was in a rundown old building...

As I passed, I could look into the open front window, and there was a forest green carpeting and worn furniture and cheap looking bookshelves with books all over the place along one wall, and a counter at which stood an older gray-haired woman with glasses and an expressionless face just looking with wide unblinking eyes out onto the street.

As I went by, she turned her head to follow me, still never blinking.

No comments: