Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cool bartender.

The other week I went out and hit up bars while doing outlines for a piece I'm writing, though that ended by the 3rd bar.

The 4th and last bar of the night was just up a side street from a strip on the way home that I had entirely hit up...

On a whim, I decided to bike north to see if there was anything up there amidst the lights I could see in the distance, even though other bartenders in the area had told me of all the other bars, I thought.

Like within half a block, I could pick out a beer sign, and there was this dirty-looking bar with an old dirty-looking light-up sign that looked absolutely fantastic.

I walk in, and the bar is full of middle-aged (white) and (hispanic) people, and at the bar by the entrance behind the counter is this shorter older woman with dyed blonde hair ladling little paper cups full of like an orange Kool-Aid, and is putting them on tray after tray after tray.

I chit-chat with her, and it turns out she's the owner, and was prepping Jello shots for the next night's special (Friday $1 jello shots!).

She was an Olympic nut, and that's why she had a $1 Olympia beer special, for the entire duration of the Olympics.

She also had said she always decorates the place, and there had been a 25-foot American flag down the ceiling of the bar, and paper torches and Olympic rings put up on the walls.

The late middle-aged (white) (male) (dude) bartender was chatty, too.  Since it was my 1st time in the bar, he gave me a shot of my call, and we did Jaeger together (I said I was drinking what he was drinking, and he drinks Jaeger).

He gave me a $5 discount card for the nearby strip club, and said that his bike got stolen, so he skateboards to work.

No comments: