Monday, August 6, 2012

Learning Polish (2 of 2): Clubs.

After a bunch of chit-chat, the fun Polish nanny floated out the idea that we all go clubbing with her at these Polish clubs on the west side of the city.

In terms of dresscode - which I brought up - she said women had to be very dressy, and men had to have dress shoes (no gym shoes) and nice jeans and slacks and a collared shirt.

"Would we be the only non-Polish people there, though?", I was like.  "I don't want it to be too weird."

"No!", she was like, "Other people come too, all the time.  A lot of Mexicans do.  Mexican men *love* Polish women."

"No way!", I was like.

At that, she leaned in and smiled, and was like, "Trust me."

"Trust you?", I was like, "I already trust you and believe everything you say, you could sit here and tell me lies all night."

At that, she laughed, but I think was satisfied, at my expressing trust in her.  I think Slavic peoples are like that, they get who's who.

No comments: