Saturday, July 7, 2012

Horrible Nightmare.

The other night I had a horrible nightmare - I was outside my house in Michigan, and it was raining torrentially, and I was walking down the hillside to the lake, to a marsh area on the leftside of our property, then I look over to the neighbor's dock and it's submerged under six inches of water, and I know that I have to run over to it joyfully and walk across it while it's submerged, though lightning is coming, so I go do that. Immediately after coming back in off the dock, I start to go back up the hillside and angle towards our door on the deck, and I can't, the rain is so heavy and the wind is so hard. I slump up against a tree on our property line and can barely breathe or move, and this 20-something (Asian) woman who I know is staying with us comes and fetches me before the lightning strikes, and slumps me against her body to drag me off and up to the house. In the house, the atmosphere is oppressive and I can barely breathe, and there's a crowd of people in the foyer near the room where my father is sleeping, and this other 20-something (Asian) woman who I know is also staying with us comes up with a member of my family and tells me not to go see my father, that it's actually nothing, and as I go through the people in the foyer, which is dimly lit as if by candlelight though no candles can be seen, I see my father staggering around with spasmodic, unearthly jerks, even falling into people and then backing up and blindly walking off and staggering into someone else, and all the while this horrible deep spittly rasping voice pouring out of his mouth, and I instantly know he's possessed. I try to call out, "I rebuke you in the name of Christ," but my paralysis has returned and I'm frozen, and I try to start saying, "I rebuke you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit," and I start to say it and instantly I'm awake, and I'm shouting the middle of the phrase to my sunlit apartment. I had actually woken up out of fear. A friend was staying with me since she just moved back to Chicago and needed some place to stay till she got her apartment, and luckily she's a deep sleeper and I think I only called out 3-4 words, though I did shout them at the top of my voice, I think.

No comments: