Monday, July 9, 2012

Horrible busride to the subway.

A few weeks ago I was at school late on an insufferably hot night, and I get on the bus to take to the subway to get home...

The driver is very slow, and gets caught in multiple redlights.

4 people getting on have problems with money where they have to dig in their pockets.

A (mentally ill) homeless lady doesn't have her change and wanders around the bus asking for some, and the bus driver has to pull over and talk to her several times, and yells at her to not panhandle, and then finally makes her get off the bus.

Some younger kids make fun of the homeless lady loudly, and a (black) nurse tells them sternly to stop.

A mom enters with a baby carriage (at like 9pm at night!) and yells at her other kid, and the baby begins crying.

All in all, it was quite a night, so I turn to the (black) nurse and am like, "This is quite some night, isn't it," and immediately she says to me, "Don't you start to, that could be a loved one of yours or you."

She had thought that I was making a snide comment about the homeless lady.

I just turned back and didn't respond or get into it.

No comments: