Sunday, June 3, 2012

Avengers (1 of 2): The movie.

The other night I saw "The Avengers" with the one sister of my (British) friend (who is now also my friend; she esp. loves to go see any mainstream movie that's got buzz, so she's a good person to see blockbusters with).

We both were happy enough, but not in love with it.  There was one moment that really made me laugh a ton, but other than that, I didn't think it was all that spectacular, and there were a couple glaring holes in the script (esp. character consistency with the Hulk and his behavior; Joss Whedon had trouble with the science of Dollhouse, too, I remember!).

What really got me is the trailer for Ridley Scott's new movie "Prometheus".  Honestly, it was one of the best things I've seen at the movies in like 6 months, and I would love to see it, though I suspect it's too gory, and I'd have to see "Alien" and "Aliens" first (which I've always wanted to see, since I love Ridley Scott and James Cameron, they're geniuses at making gripping, atmospheric movies that find wide audiences).

It turns out that one of the neighbors of my one lawyer friend from Missouri *loves* the Alien series and owns DVDs of all of them, including the Alien vs. Predator ones, so I might go hang out with him and his boyfriend and some other people, and have a movie night where people tell me when to close my eyes.

I also told that one neighbor if he sees Prometheus and wants to go see it a 2nd time in the theater, I'd maybe go with him, as long as it wasn't too intense or he told me to close my eyes.

No comments: