Thursday, May 3, 2012

UPS is a rip-off.

I ordered a book and for some reason the company sent it UPS (not through the post office like always).

What a bad choice! - because -

1) They can't get into my apt. building, and so I have to sign a release where they can leave it outside my door.

2) I can pick it up - though their office is 40 minutes away by public transportation (one way!).

3) I can arrange to have them deliver it when I'm home - for a $6 surcharge ($5 if I'm online)!

4) I can have them send it to another address - for a $6 surcharge ($5 if I'm online)!

I am never using UPS - how unfriendly and exploitative of them.  I badmouthed them to everyone I know, and contacted the shipper to let them know what a pain the company was, and how they should just use the regular old post office because it does a better job and is more customer-friendly.

No comments: