Monday, April 30, 2012

I need to be easier on myself.

I need to be easier on myself, and take time off if I'm feeling stressed or sick.

I went to the dentist for the 1st time in like 4 years a couple Mondays ago, and I ended up having 6 fillings, only 1 of which was for a cavity, but that one involved drilling.

Afterwards, I was woozy, I think from the anaesthetic (sp.?), just like when I got my wisdom teeth pulled.

(I was in high school; I couldn't get out of the car, so I slept there for a bit, then finally got up enough energy to move to my house's front porch, where I slept for another few hours in the nice afternoon summer weather...)

But, I had a hard time giving myself permission to take a nap and then the rest of the day off, because I really couldn't think.  The next day I was much better and I realize that I made the right decision, but it was very hard for me to make that decision at the time.

No comments: