Thursday, April 12, 2012

Trip Home for Easter (2 of 4): Como Mi Madre.

My Mom has French and Spanish books she's gotten from the library.

She has the French book since she had French in college and would like to review, and she has "Spanish for Dummies" because she wants to learn Spanish.

"Why would you want to learn Spanish?", I asked her.

"I think it would be fun!", she was like. "That was if I go to the grocery store and it says press Spanish, I want to press Spanish and be able to do everything in Spanish."

Then she added, "Wouldn't that be cool?".

I asked her more, and she said that her ultimate goal was to press two when you get call that says 'Press one for English', and then do everything in Spanish for the rest of the call.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must get your curiousity and joy from your mother.

el blogador said...

My father is the same way.