Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Too much work, and I'm sick.

I really wonder if I work myself too hard.

Recently, because of a syllabus deadline, I was working a ton of hours, then I had a class starting up and a ton of hours, and I needed to file taxes, and it was prospective students week and there were functions I had to attend, and I still managed to go to the gym twice (albeit one of the workouts was shorter than usual) and hit my weekly bar quota.

Then, on Thurs. and Fri. I woke up with a little gunk in the back of my throat from allergies, and on Fri. I had to nap, and on Sat. I felt starting to get under the weather and Sun. I woke up with a full-blown cold.

I really don’t know what’s the alternative, though – I can hardly get by with as many hours as there are in the day already. I have a fellowship deadline coming up, and I still need to finish my financial aid paperwork, then complete a dissertation chapter and an editorial I’m working on, and all the while keep up with my Hebrew reading class homework (which isn’t as bad as the grammar homework). I’m also heading out of town for Easter weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing a lot. The one thing you could cut down on you won't. You have a cold. Your body is talking to you.

Anonymous said...

somehow the "weekly bar quota" does not seem like a necessity. especially if you have a cold.

el blogador said...

I really should cut down on the weekly bar quota.

Because of my cold and my going away this upcoming weekend, I will have been to no bars this week.

That means I'm down 10 when I get back, and I'll have to schedule carefully to be back on track.