Wednesday, April 4, 2012

This healthcare thing is so upsetting.

I’ve been very upset over the healthcare case before the Supreme Court.

I had been very upset in the last days of the legislative debate, when it looked like healthcare reform wouldn’t pass, since so many people I know are affected by it, and I don’t think things can get much worse with rising premiums and shed benefits.

So, this is upsetting me now too. I had thought the Bush years were over – an end to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, widespread discussion over changing the tax code, etc. – but then there was Citizens United, and now this. It’s really amazing how much the actions and policies of one president has changed the country for the worse, and continue to do so. With the recent congressional redistricting, Citizens United, and a stacked Supreme Court, I have a feeling that things might get a lot worse for a long time – and I really see no real hope for change right now.

No comments: