Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tutoring cancellations.

For my high schooler, I've only taught about half of the last 6 sessions, since she was sick once, and her mom was sick twice and she didn't have a ride (her mom has pneumonia, it turns out!).

Last week, the lawyer reading Greek cancelled, after a series of cancellations; he had been sick, then slammed at work, and is now going on vacation.

This weekend, the lawyer reading Latin had to cancel, and I couldn't immediately schedule for Mon. or Tues., and when I realized on Mon. I could for Tuesday, he had become busy, so we're meeting this upcoming weekend.

This weekend, this one ph.d. student who had a death in the family and was catching up on Greek caught the flu and had to cancel, and I couldn't immediately schedule for Mon. or Tues., and when I realized on Mon. I could for Tuesday, he had become busy, so we're meeting this upcoming weekend.

All in all, I'm losing out on about $300 of income because of the delayed lessons. I'm trying not to let it worry me, though; I can use the time for my own work, and I still make good money for the hours I put in, and it's still a heck of a lot more stable than teaching classes at local schools.

I don't even think I should have cancellation fees; I advertise my flexibility, which I do have, and I really don't mind the flux as long as I'm given advance notice.

No comments: