Saturday, March 17, 2012

Hung out with the sister of my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend.

The other week I went out for dinner downtown with the sister of my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend and her lawschool classmate, because they were on spring break and I was pre-emptively celebrating my Hebrew final.

The sister of my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend was saying that after Whitney Houston died, she spent a whole day looking up articles and old interviews on YouTube and finding out all about her.

"I didn't know much about her, just a few of her biggest hits," she was like. "What a tragic life."

She said that Whitney first really got on her radar back when she was a kid in the Sudan, because the movie "The Bodyguard" was big there, and people talked a lot about the interracial relationship in the movie.

She also was saying she's disgusted by Chris Brown because of how he beat up Rihanna, and can't even watch his videos.

"Have you read the arrest report?", she was like. "I attempted to read it, but I was forced to stop when I began to envisage it, since it made me physically ill."

I then told her about Rihanna's recent tweet recycling lyrics from one of her hits to justify working with Chris Brown again ("they can say whatever / ima do whatever / no pain is forever"), and she just shook her head.

No comments: