Saturday, March 3, 2012

Gym Story (1 of 2): Gym reading.

Like a couple months ago, I was reading "The Ethical Slut" on the elliptical, and after I was done, I was holding the book in my hand and wiping the machine down, and this (white) girl comes up to me.

"Hey, I saw you were reading that book," she was like.

After a pause, she was like, "I've read it too."

Then, after another pause, "You should really read [name of another book]. It covers the same territory, but I've found it to be more helpful."

Then, we made small talk, and she left.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she was hitting on you.

el blogador said...

I know. That book is magical.

I should just have the dustjacket, and put it on anything I'm reading.

el blogador said...

I also have had interesting conversations when I read it at bars.