Monday, February 27, 2012

BARS // MICHIGAN PRIMARY.

So yesterday made 365 days of bar project, which means -

523 bars within city limits within 365 days.

1.43 bars per day.

10.03 bars per week.

I think I'm going to try to keep up the 10/week pace, though that might be hard because I've started to dry up a lot of areas in the city.

The one thing I'll do differently, though, is that I now am going to try to clean up areas in the city, so I can know confidently that I've been to all the bars in the area. This Tuesday, I'll start in the far northeast corner of the city. I think I might start transferring my list into dots that I make on a very detailed free bikemap that the city gives out.

. . .

On another note, the Romney and Santorum campaigns have been calling my parents' house in Michigan a lot. It's all been robocalls, but the other night at like almost 9pm a real person called the house, and when my mom answered, he introduced himself as calling from the Santorum campaign and asked, "What do you think of Rick Santorum?"

My mom blurted out, "I think he's scary."

When she told the story to me, she said she was tired and the guy's question caught her off guard. She said it through the caller off his routine, and in the pause she thanked him, but said she was "all Obama all the way".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

chicago bar project

http://www.chibarproject.com/

Anonymous said...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicago-Bar-Project/56243058161?sk=wall

el blogador said...

Um, "526 reviews, 235 coming soon" - by Tuesday I'll have gone to as many bars as they have reviewed on their site.

What they've done is nice, and there's some names on there I haven't gone to, but a lot are closed down/changed though.

Anonymous said...

It probably took them years to put that together.

el blogador said...

I know. It's a nice website, but it seems like more work than fun. I want my fun to be fun, not work.