Monday, November 21, 2011

Woman on subway platform.

The other evening I was going home and after getting off the bus was waiting on the subway platform, when this frantic looking (black) woman who was kind of squat with a wide ass gets off, and from looking at her I just knew she was African.

So, I ask her if she's okay, and it turns out that she had slept through downtown, and missed her connection to get out to the airport, and now had to go northbound to get it.

She had planned to get to the airport 45-60 minutes beforehand...

I asked her where she was from, and she was from Benin.

I then started to say something, and she said that her English wasn't good, so I switched to French to try to explain to her that she would definitely miss her flight but there might be a cheap late-night train that could maybe take her to the city, and I realized I couldn't.

My French is gone! Or, as they say, it is -

FINI!!!!

No comments: