Sunday, November 27, 2011

Lost a student.

I think I lost my 2nd high school student.

He didn't want to study Latin, but has to take 4 years for his high school.

I admitted that could suck and that the poetry they were assigning was hard, but that he had a knack for converting forms as if it was a spoken language, and he just had to get on a twice-daily study schedule for endings and then maybe vocab.

He did that for a week and got results, but then quit and said he would never get an "A" no matter how hard he tried.

I tutored again but he just wouldn't get back on the study schedule, and the parents said they'd let me know if they needed my help again.

I guess the problem is that maybe I didn't encourage much, and that you can't motivate a person, they have to motivate themselves.

No comments: