Monday, November 28, 2011

Insight (1 of 2): My one Dutch friend's wife.

So, when I was at a recent conference, I got to catch up with a lot of people, including my one Dutch friend.

His wife, who is a pensive Israeli hippie who ended up in banking, has astounding insight, he says; she just kind of sits around being tense and not interacting much, but then she comes up with very accurate judgments.

For example, one of his colleagues is a psychologist and my one Dutch friend liked him because he was outgoing, funny, etc., but then when he and his wife went to the guy's house for a party, she didn't interact with him, but when they got home, she was like, "There's something wrong with him, he has done something evil to people."

So, they googled him and found out that he had been in trouble for getting with his therapy patients, oftentimes by withholding medications.

Another time, after she briefly met someone else, she was like, "He is not well," and only later did my one Dutch friend find out that that guy had serious health problems.

No comments: