Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lesbian Nuns (6 of ???): Postulancy, together.

From “God Was an Innocent Bystander”, byJean O’Leary (with Jan Holden) (1966-1971; 233-234):

Sister Jackie and I were postulants together. We took the same courses, worked together in the Villa, and lived on the same floor in the dorms. Talking, always talking, we explored our innermost feelings. The energy between us was amazing. She was my opposite – quiet and introspective. She was my first love.

After months of building, our affair finally began with a backrub. We were in a classroom when the convent bells chimed Vespers. The building around us was silent and empty. Everyone was in the chapel in prayer. We should have hurried there ourselves. Jackie and I looked at each other as we listened to the bells. Neither of us moved. She spoke softly, answering the question I’d asked before the bells. Her voice seemed to fill the room. The end of her sentence finished our conversation. I watched her face, so strong and intelligent, her eyes mysterious, passionate, their distance muted. She stood finally and touched my shoulder. I looked straight ahead as she massaged my neck. We were drawn so tightly together, invisibly held by the emotion between us. When she paused, I turned and gently pulled her to the seat beside me. I could hear her soft breath and feel her pulse as I touched her neck. Magnified in the silence of Vespers, the tension between us exploded in our first kiss.

. . .

No comments: