Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lesbian Nuns (10 of ???): an Irish-American nun (2 of 5).

From “Healing in the Dark” – Mab Maher (1956-1974; 287) -

In our large mother house there were a dozen or more walk-in lockers in which food was kept in cold storage. One day my friend and I were accidentally locked into the one which stored milk. As the door jammed, I felt my anxiety rise. Everyone would now see that we were particular friends. (Actually, I am not sure that my friend knew she was my particular friend.) I huddled up in the corner with the cream cans. Much more pragmatic, she pounded on the door. After several hours of physical cold and psychic heat, the sister who managed the kitchen found as. As she released the latch, I blurted, “We didn’t do anything.” Laughing, she shook the bag of apples she was carrying at us and said, “Too bad. Too bad.”

. . .

No comments: